Lemon water has become all the rage lately, but what exactly is the big fuss about? Well, the truth of the matter is that lemon water can do wonders for your body’s health and well-being.
It is actually quite amazing that something as simple as good ol’ lemon has so many benefits.
A lot of very successful people swear by drinking lemon water every day. It is something that consists of ingredients that are readily available and is relatively cheap and easy to make. Lemon water is best consumed lukewarm on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.
Related: 8 Powerful herbs and spices with extraordinary health benefits
Here is a list of some of the most notable benefits of lemon water.
- Lemon water is rich in vitamin C and so it will give your immune system a boost. It also contains potassium, calcium, and magnesium which are all good for your health.
- Your body’s ability to maintain a healthy pH is essential for your general health. Drinking warm lemon water first thing every morning will assist your body in maintaining a healthy pH.
- It will aid your body’s digestion function by loosening toxins in your digestive tract and it also helps alleviate heartburn and minimize bloating.
- Lemon water helps to cleanse the liver as it helps the liver to flush out toxins.
- It has very good anti-inflammatory properties which help to heal sore throats, inflammation of tonsils and respiratory tract infections.
- Warm lemon water helps reduce joint and muscle pain.
- It is good for your oral health as it helps prevent gingivitis and can also help with toothache.
- Due to the fact that lemon water promotes digestion, it has also been known to assist with weight loss.
- Lemon water has some very good antibacterial properties that help to fight infections.
- It is a known remedy for many skin problems such as acne, dark spots, and rashes. It has even been claimed that it helps to fight wrinkles!
- And last but not least, lemon water is very good for detoxing your body.
How to drink lemon water
If you’re asking how much lemon to put in your water then it’s simple: just squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a glass of lukewarm water. Some people prefer to drink their lemon water cold or warm – it is your choice, but it has been said that it works best consumed lukewarm. If the juice of half a lemon is too strong for your tastebuds to handle then you can adjust the amount of lemon that you use to suit your personal preference.
If you drink it first thing in the morning then it is suggested that you wait for at least 15 to 30 minutes before you eat your breakfast so that you give your body time to absorb the lemon water and you get all the wonderful benefits of it.
That’s it – as simple as that. It is an easy thing to implement with amazing benefits.
It is definitely worth it to start the habit of drinking lemon water first thing in the morning or at least sipping on it during the day.
Stay up to date with the latest from the blog by signing up for our newsletter below and gain instant access to our library of free inspirational digital goods.
Visit our shop for some inspirational products.